Friday, January 21, 2011

Narrowing the Focus

After writing the first post, I spent some more time thinking about exactly where this was going. Despite my grand dreams, I realize that I had 1 reader so far. (I'm working on that though) So I was hoping to find some focus to this thing.  Conveniently, it pretty much came to me out of the blue.  In the span of about 15 hours, 3 friends of mine came to me for career advice or recommendations.

I started thinking back to... 5 months ago. I was asking then the same questions that I was hearing yesterday.  Luckily, I had more than a few trusted mentors/colleagues to go to.  To me, it is the nature of Athletic Training programs to foster great, productive working relationships.  Students in AT programs spend a huge amount of time with their instructors.

One thing I know that all AT students have heard from those instructors is some version of "You'll learn way more in the first few years of working than in all 4 years of college." Well, count me in to that group of people preaching that.  I can attest that it is very true.

So... Out of all this, I figured that I would focus on the life of the young professional.  It's obviously what I can speak the most accurately about and where I'm assuming the majority of my readers will be coming from.  Hopefully our shared experiences and lessons learned can become something to help those Seniors stressing about the BOC, my fellow recently certified and others who influence them.

I'm going to grab some lunch and at some point later today I will work on my first post with this newfound focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment