Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Opening Day! and almost Athletic Training Month!

If you're a baseball fan, don't wait until March 31 for the Cardinals' Opening Day for your baseball fix.  Get interested in one of the most overlooked sports in the country, College Baseball.  It seems that you really have to go looking for information on NCAA Baseball until the postseason, when the Road to Omaha does get some national attention.  That's a shame though, because many of "tomorrow's stars" are playing at programs in literally every corner of the country.  With my time at Memphis and this summer in the Cape Cod League, I've been lucky enough to go to many of these schools and have gotten to know several of the coaches, players and athletic trainers that make the sport great.

I am happy to report that my friends in Memphis are off to a good start. They beat the Evansville Aces 13-9.

It's interesting in this line of work how many places and people you end up with a connection to.  Maybe that's why I'm enjoying today more than the average baseball fan.  Evansville was a place I strongly considered for undergrad.  They always presented their program as top notch and I was very impressed.  You remember good people like that and wish them well.  Other teams I'm watching include Mississippi State, Arizona State, Oklahoma, Georgia Southern, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Troy, Houston and my D3 alma mater the Wilmington Quakers!

Being connected to sports on such a personal level is just another one of the countless things I love about my job.  Just another reason to promote the profession again and that's good because it's almost Athletic Training month!

Load up on National Athletic Training Month materials including brochures, logos and an e-card!
http://www.nata.org/national-athletic-training-month

There's a to do list, and how to make the most of Athletic Training month with the community, the workplace and the media.  I'm going to be busy with some organization and some traveling but I will do my best to write about how I'm following through with the to do list.  Please pick a few of the activities and write in with your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment